Ireland - Counties Mayo & Sligo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Counties Mayo & Sligo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guide-book.
Counties Mayo and Sligo remain a well-kept secret, offering all of Ireland’s wild, romantic beauty but without the crowds. Visit and you’ll find an improbable bounty of prehistoric sites, el-egant Georgian towns, little fishing villages and good old-fashioned warm-hearted country hos-pitality.
- stare out over the raging sea to the astonishing sea stack of Dun Briste, cleaved from the mainland by a huge storm in 1393
- follow in St Patrick’s footsteps up the conical peak of Croagh Patrick
- explore the glory of the beautiful beach of Lackan Strand
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: County Mayo, Cong, Doolough Valley, Clare Island, Inishturk Island, Croagh Patrick, Westport, Newport, Achill Island, Bangor Erris, Ballycroy Nation-al Park, Mullet Peninsula, Pollatomish, Ballycastle & Around, Killala & Around, Ballina, La-hardane, Castlebar & Around, Knock, County Sligo, Sligo Town & Around, Lough Gill & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.