*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Ireland - Counties Mayo & Sligo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Counties Mayo & Sligo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
Counties Mayo and Sligo remain a well-kept secret, offering all of Ireland’s wild, romantic beauty but without the crowds. Visit and you’ll find an improbable bounty of prehistoric sites, elegant Georgian towns, little fishing villages and good old-fashioned warm-hearted country hospitality.
- follow in St Patrick’s footsteps up the conical peak of Croagh Patrick
- hit the waves year-round at Strandhill
- feel ancient powers amid mystical ruins at Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: County Mayo, Cong, Pigeonhole Cave, Doolough Valley & Around, Clare Island, Inishturk Island, Croagh Patrick, Westport, Newport & Around, Achill Island & Around, Bangor Erris, Ballycroy National Park, Mullet Peninsula, Pollatomish, Ballycastle & Around, Killala & Around, Ballina, Castlebar & Around, Knock, County Sligo, Sligo Town & Around and Lough Gill.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.