Ireland - Counties Mayo & Sligo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Counties Mayo & Sligo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
Despite natural wonders and languid charm, Mayo and Sligo remain well-kept secrets, offering all of Ireland’s romantic beauty but without the crowds. Find an improbable bounty of prehistoric sites, Georgian towns, abandoned manor houses, fishing villages and old-fashioned country hospitality.
- stare out over raging waves to Dun Briste, a vast sea stack cleaved from the coast
- follow in St Patrick’s footsteps up the conical peak of Croagh Patrick
- discover Blue Flag beaches, a deserted village and a sea-salt factory on Achill island
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: County Mayo, Cong, Doolough Valley, Clare Island, Inishturk Island, Croagh Patrick, Westport, Newport, Achill Island, Bangor Erris, Ballycroy National Park, Mullet Peninsula, Ballycastle, Killala, Ballina, Lahardane, Castlebar, Knock, County Sligo, Sligo Town, Lough Gill.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.