Ireland - Counties Londonderry & Antrim (PDF Chapter)
This is the Counties Londonderry & Antrim chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
Northern Ireland’s north coast is geology 101. This landscape’s rock formations, castles and glens made an atmospheric backdrop for Game of Thrones, with numerous filming locations here. To the west is Derry, Ireland’s only walled city, with a turbulent history.
- hike to the other-worldly collection of hexagonal rocks known as the Giant’s Causeway
- spot seabirds and seals on the remote, rugged Rathlin Island
- discover ancient walls, modern murals, fabulous dining and foot-stomping music in the history-steeped city of Derry
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: County Londonderry, Derry (Londonderry), Limavady, Magilligan Point, Downhill, Portstewart, County Antrim, Portrush, Dunluce Castle, Bushmills, Giant’s Causeway, Ballintoy, Ballycastle, Rathlin Island, Glens of Antrim, Larne, Carrickfergus, Antrim Town, Ballymena.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.