Ireland - Counties Limerick & Tipperary (PDF Chapter)
This is the Counties Limerick & Tipperary chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
Limerick city has gritty vibrancy, while treasures abound in the surrounding countryside. Tipperary’s peaceful hills and farmland are perfect for following a river to its source or climbing a lonely ruin. In both, Celtic sites and medieval abbeys await discovery.
- explore the remains of medieval churches at the impressive ancient religious stronghold in Cashel
- journey through tranquil bucolic landscapes and hike to high mountain lakes in Glen of Aherlow
- discover Bronze and Iron Age, medieval and modern art treasures in Limerick’s Hunt Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: County Limerick, Limerick City, Adare, Lough Gur, Kilmallock, County Tipperary, Tipperary Town, Glen of Aherlow & Galtee Mountains, Cashel, Cahir, Mitchelstown Cave, Clonmel, Fethard, Nenagh.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.