Ireland - Counties Down & Armagh (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Counties Down & Armagh chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
Bird-haunted mudflats, ancient monasteries and picturesque peninsulas call County Down home, while County Armagh is largely rural, from the low, rugged hills of the south to the apple orchards and strawberry fields of the north. Both counties are home to exceptional eateries.
- hike ancient trails or follow the Mourne Wall to Slieve Donard’s peak in the Mourne Moun-tains
- explore the stately home and exquisite gardens of Mt Stewart House
- watch vast flocks of geese, ducks and waders at the Strangford Lough mudflats at Castle Espie
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: County Down, Bangor, Ards Peninsula, Newtownards & Around, West Side of Strangford Lough, Downpatrick, Saul, Lecale Peninsula, Newcastle, Dundrum & Around, Mourne Mountains, Mournes Coast Road, Newry, Hillsborough & Around, County Armagh, Armagh City, Navan Fort, Lough Neagh, Ring of Gullion.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.