Ireland - Belfast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Belfast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ireland guidebook.
Belfast is a brand-new city. Once shunned, it has pulled off a transformation from pariah to happening town. Shipyards on the Lagan have given way to the Titanic Quarter, where the stunning, star-shaped Titanic Belfast centre is a big draw.
- learn about the world’s most famous ocean liner at Titanic Belfast
- sample some of Northern Ireland’s top produce at St George’s Market
- sip a Guinness in beautiful Victorian pub the Crown Liquor Saloon
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.