Iran - Western Iran (PDF Chapter)
From the fecund Caspian coast to the stark, mountainous northern borders and the crumbling desert ruins of the southern plains, this region hosts everything from paddy fields to blizzards to the original Garden of Eden.
- hike between flower-filled valleys and snow-capped peaks around the ruined 12th-century Castles of the Assassins
- wander through Gilan’s verdant forests above the amazing stacked village of Masuleh
- explore ancient churches, mud-walled castles and grand canyons along the sublime Aras River Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bazargan, Maku & Around, Khoy, Orumiyeh, Mara-qeh, Tabriz, Kandovan, Jolfa, Aras River Valley, Kaleybar, Ardabil, Khal Khal, Zanjan, Soltaniyeh, Takab, Rasht & Around, Ramsar, Kelardasht, Qazvin, Alamut Valley, Sanandaj, Howraman, Paveh, Kermanshah, Bisotun, Hamadan, Bijar, Marivan, Dorud, The Dorud–Andimeshk Railway, Andimeshk, Shush, Shushtar, Ahvaz, Khorramabad.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.