Iran - Understand Iran and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Iran Today, History, People, Daily Life, Iranian Cuisine, Faith in Iran, Architecture, Carpets, Arts & Crafts, Literature, Music & Cinema, Natural Environments, Safe Travel, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health, and Behind the Scenes chapters from Lonely Planet’s Iran guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, people and culture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get hints on the gay and lesbian scene and tips for women travellers, travelling with kids and travellers with disabilities, as well as handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Iran’s complicated and fascinating history
- info on Iranian cuisine
- full coverage of faith in Iran
- details on the country’s arts, crafts and architecture
Coverage includes: Iran Today, History, People, Daily Life, Iranian Cui-sine, Faith in Iran, Architecture, Carpets, Arts & Crafts, Literature, Music & Cinema, Natural Envi-ronments, Safe Travel, Directory A–Z, Transport and Health.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation