*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Iran - Tehran (PDF Chapter)
Hugging the lower slopes of the magnificent, snowcapped Alborz Mountains, Tehran is Iran’s most secular and liberal city. This is the nation’s dynamic beating heart and the place to get a handle on modern Iran and its future.
- take in the opulence of the Golestan Palace, a monument to Qajar excess
- explore the Grand Bazaar, the mother of all Iranian markets, which sells it all – from skimpy knickers to antique carpets
- gaze at the Peacock Throne and a shah’s ransom of bling at the Treasury of National Jew-els
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Courses, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Tehran, Alborz Ski Resorts, Mt Damavand, Rey.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.