Iran - Southeastern Iran (PDF Chapter)
While central Iran’s gem cities are deservedly a far bigger draw, the southeast offers cave-houses, classic gardens, fortresses, deserted villages, oases and fabulous erosion patterns all set in scenery that intersperses great expanses of desert with chains of high mountains.
- watch the desert sun setting over extraordinary wind-eroded ‘statues’ before sleeping be-neath the stars in the Kaluts (Lut Desert)
- delve deeper into Rayen, one of Iran’s most appealing small towns, beyond its fabulous Arg
- sleep in a troglodyte cave house while learning about traditional shepherd lifestyles in Meymand
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Meymand, Kerman & Around, The Kaluts (Lut Desert), Rayen, Birjand, Qa’en.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.