*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Indonesia - Sulawesi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sulawesi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Indonesia guidebook.
If you think Sulawesi’s geography looks fantastic on the map, just wait until you see it for real. The massive island’s multi-limbed coastline is drawn with sandy beaches that fringe coral reefs and a mind-boggling variety of fish.
- snorkel or dive along unbelievably rich coral drop-offs – some of Asia’s best – around chilled-out Pulau Bunaken
- witness the ritual and tradition of an elaborate funeral ceremony in Tana Toraja
- find barefoot bliss in the off-grid, paradisaical Togean Islands
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Makassar & around, Pantai Bira, Pulau Lihukan, Pulau Selayar, Taka Bone Rate Islands, Watampone, Sengkang, Pare Pare, Tana Toraja & around, Mamasa Valley, Pendolo, Tentena, Poso & around, Lore Lindu National Park, Palu, Donggala & Tanjung Karang, Luwuk, Ampana, Togean Islands, Gorontalo, Manado, Pulau Bunaken, Tomohon & around, Bitung, Pulau Lembeh & the Lembeh Strait, Tangkoko-Batuangas Dua Saudara Nature Reserve, Kolaka, Kendari, Bau Bau and Tukangbesi Islands.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.