*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Indonesia - Papua (PDF Chapter)
This is the Papua chapter from Lonely Planet’s Indonesia guidebook.
Even a country as full of adventure as Indonesia has its final frontier. And here it is: Papua, half of the world’s second-biggest island, New Guinea. It may be the youngest part of Indonesia, but Papua’s rich tribal traditions span centuries.
- hike among the thatched-hut villages, unique tribal culture and mountain grandeur of the Baliem Valley
- dive and snorkel in the real-life tropical aquarium of the Raja Ampat Islands
- swim with whale sharks off Nabire
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: West Papua, Sorong, Raja Ampat Islands, Manokwari & around, Northern Papua, Jayapura, Sentani & around, Pulau Biak, Nabire, Baliem Valley, Wamena, Northeastern Baliem Valley, Northwestern Baliem Valley, Danau Habbema, Yali Country, The South, Merauke, Wasur National Park, Asmat Region and Korowai Region.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.