Indonesia - Kalimantan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kalimantan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Indonesia guidebook.
Kalimantan – the expansive Indonesian part of Borneo – is an adventure in every sense of the word. Remote jungle, snaking rivers and interior mountains serve up endless opportunities for epic rainforest exploration, while its cities are low-key and little visited by Indonesian stand-ards.
- complete the landmark cross-Borneo trek – if you can
- meet orang-utans in Tanjung Puting National Park and sail Sungai Sekonyer
- dive into Kalimantan’s best underwater and island life in the Derawan Archipelago
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: West Kalimantan, Pontianak, Singkawang, Sintang, Putussibau, Sukadana, Gunung Palung National Park, Central Kalimantan, Tanjung Puting Na-tional Park, Pangkalan Bun, Kumai, Palangka Raya, Sebangau National Park, South Kaliman-tan, Banjarmasin, Kandangan, Loksado, East & North Kalimantan, Balikpapan, Samarinda, Sungai Mahakam, Muller Mountains, Kutai National Park, Berau, Merabu, Derawan Archipelago, North Kalimantan.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.