Indonesia - Java (PDF Chapter)
This is the Java chapter from Lonely Planet’s Indonesia guidebook.
The heart of the nation, Java is a complex island of great antiquity. Monuments, mosques and temples that reflect its spiritual complexity exist alongside a spectacular tropical landscape spiked with smoking volcanoes.
- enjoy the ancient Buddhist temple of Borobudur at sunrise
- explore Java’s golden age in Yogyakarta, its dynamic cultural capital
- plod through a moonscape of ash and spectacular vistas on Gunung Bromo
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Jakarta, Thousand Islands, West Java, Banten, Merak, Carita, Labuan, Ujung Kulon National Park, Bogor, Around Bogor, Cimaja, Cibodas, Gede Pan-grango National Park, Cianjur, Bandung & Around, Ciwidey & Around, Pangandaran & Around, Central Java, Wonosobo, Dieng Plateau, Borobudur, Yogyakarta, South Coast, Kaliurang & Kal-iadem, Selo, Prambanan, Solo, Gunung Lawu, Tawangmangu, North Coast, East Java, Suraba-ya, Trowulan, Pulau Madura, Malang & Around, Purwodadi, Gunung Arjuna-Lalijiwo Reserve, Gunung Penanggungan, Batu, South-Coast Beaches, Blitar, Panataran, Pacitan, Watu Karang, Probolinggo, Gunung Bromo & Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park, Bondowoso, Ijen Plateau, Kalibaru, Jember, Meru Betiri National Park, Alas Purwo National Park, Banyuwangi, Baluran National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.