Indonesia - Java (PDF Chapter)
This is the Java chapter from Lonely Planet’s Indonesia guidebook.
Home to 140 million people and the most populated island on earth, Java is an island of megacities, mesmerising natural beauty, magical archaeological sites and profound traditions in art, music and dance.
- experience the ethereal beauty of Borobudur temple at sunrise
- gaze over the horizon-filling moonscape scenery at Gunung Bromo
- hike to the crater lake of Kawah Ijen with strong-armed sulphur miners
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Jakarta, Thousand Islands, Pulau Bidadari, Pulau Macan, West Java, Banten, Merak, Carita, Labuan, Gunung Krakatau, Ujung Kulon National Park, Bogor & around, Cimaja & around Cimaja, Cibodas, Gede Pangrango National Park, Cianjur, Bandung & around, Pangandaran & around, Wonosobo, Dieng Plateau, Borobudur, Yogyakarta, Imogiri, Gunung Merapi, Kaliurang & Kaliadem, Selo, Prambanan, Solo (Surakarta), Sangiran, Gunung Lawu, Tawangmangu, North Coast, Semarang, Ambarawa, Demak, Kudus, Jepara & around Jepara, Karimunjawa Islands, East Java, Surabaya, Trowulan, Pulau Madura, South Coast, Sumenep & around, Malang & around, Blitar, Panataran, Gunung Kelud, Pacitan & around, Probolinggo, Gunung Bromo & Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park, Bondowoso, Ijen Plateau, Jember, Kalibaru, Meru Betiri National Park, Alas Purwo National Park, Banyuwangi and Baluran National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.