India - West Bengal & Darjeeling (PDF Chapter)
This is the West Bengal & Darjeeling chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
West Bengal offers a remarkable range of destinations and experiences within a single state. It also boasts a vibrant art scene, delectable cuisine and a genuinely hospitable population.
- enjoy 360-degree mountain views over breakfast at hilltop lodges on the Singalila Ridge Trek
- ride the tiny colonial-era steam-driven train as it puffs its way between the tea towns of Kurseong and Darjeeling
- explore rural wonders and get arty on a visit to the university town of Shantiniketan
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sunderbans Tiger Reserve, Mandarmani, Up the Hooghly, Bishnupur, Shantiniketan, Nabadwip & Mayapur, Murshidabad & Berhampore, West Bengal Hills, Siliguri & New Jalpaiguri, Jaldhapara Wildlife Sanctuary, Kurseong, Darjeeling, Singalila Ridge Trek, Kalimpong.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.