*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
India - West Bengal & Darjeeling (PDF Chapter)
This is the West Bengal & Darjeeling chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
West Bengal offers a remarkable range of destinations and experiences within a single state. It also boasts a vibrant art scene, delectable cuisine and a genuinely hospitable population.
- enjoy 360-degree mountain views over breakfast at hilltop lodges on the Singalila Ridge Trek
- ride the tiny colonial-era steam-driven train as it puffs its way between the tea towns of Kurseong and Darjeeling
- explore rural wonders and get arty on a visit to the university town of Shantiniketan
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sunderbans Tiger Reserve, Mandarmani, Up the Hooghly, Bishnupur, Shantiniketan, Nabadwip & Mayapur, Murshidabad & Berhampore, West Bengal Hills, Siliguri & New Jalpaiguri, Jaldhapara Wildlife Sanctuary, Kurseong, Darjeeling, Singalila Ridge Trek, Kalimpong.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.