India - West Bengal (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the West Bengal chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
A sliver of fertile and densely populated land running from the tea-draped Himalayan foothills to the steamy mangroves of the Bay of Bengal, West Bengal presents a remarkable range of des-tinations and experiences within a single state.
- gaze at incredible mountain panoramas between ridgetop lodges in spectacular Singalila National Park
- visit a tea estate, sip a delicate local brew and enjoy fantastic mountain views from historic Darjeeling
- soak up the cultural and arty ambience of Shantiniketan, a university town amid tranquil rural surroundings
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Ganges Delta, Sundarbans Tiger Reserve, Up the Hooghly, Bishnupur, Shantiniketan, Murshidabad & Berhampore, Gaur & Pandua, West Bengal Hills, Siliguri & New Jalpaiguri, Kurseong, Darjeeling, Singalila Ridge, Kalimpong, Jaldapara Na-tional Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.