*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
India - Uttarakhand (PDF Chapter)
This is the Uttarakhand chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Uttarakhand is a place of myth and mountains. Hindus think of it as Dev Bhoomi – the Land of Gods – and the terrain is covered with holy peaks, lakes and rivers. Twisting roads and hiking trails lead to spectacular pilgrimage sites where tales from Hindu epics are set.
- hike below stunning peaks to the source of the holy Ganges in Gaumukh
- float a candle down the Ganges at Har-ki-Pairi Ghat, the gorgeous nightly ceremony in Haridwar
- spot some stripes at Corbett Tiger Reserve, India’s first national park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rishikesh, Haridwar, Rajaji Tiger Reserve, Dehra Dun, Mussoorie, The Char Dham, Yamunotri, Gangotri & Gaumukh Glacier Trek, Kedarnath, Badrinath & Mana Village, Uttarkashi, Joshimath, Auli, Valley of Flowers & Hem Kund, Corbett Tiger Reserve, Nainital, Almora, Kasar Devi, Binsar, Jageshwar, Kausani, Bageshwar, Pithoragarh, Munsyari.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.