India - Uttarakhand (PDF Chapter)
This is the Uttarakhand chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Uttarakhand is a place of myth and mountains. Hindus think of it as Dev Bhoomi – the Land of Gods – and the dramatic terrain is covered with holy peaks, spectacular pilgrimage sites, lakes and rivers.
- hike below stunning peaks to the source of the holy Ganges at Gaumukh
- float a candle down the Ganges at the nightly ceremony at Har-ki-Pairi Ghat in Harid-war
- spot some stripes at Corbett Tiger Reserve, India’s first national park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rishikesh, Haridwar, Rajaji Tiger Reserve, Dehra Dun, Mussoorie, Yamunotri, Uttarkashi, Gangotri & Gaumukh Glacier, Kedarnath, Joshimath, Valley of Flowers & Hem Kund, Badrinath & Mana Village, Corbett Tiger Reserve, Nainital, Al-mora & Around, Kausani, Bageshwar, Munsyari.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.