India - Uttar Pradesh (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Uttar Pradesh chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
There are few states more quintessentially Indian than Uttar Pradesh. The subcontinent’s historic and religious roots – Hindu, Buddhist, Islamic and secular – intertwine in this land of sa-cred rivers and vast plains, manifesting in sights of profound importance.
- have your mind blown in Varanasi – India as you’ve always imagined it – with sacred Ganges ghats and a maze of alleyways with surprises around every corner
- eat in Lucknow, the kebab capital of India, then stroll among impressively ornamented Nawabi architecture
- roam the peaceful park and stupa where Buddha delivered his first sermon, in Sarnath
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Varanasi, Sarnath, Gorakhpur, Kushinagar, Sunauli & the Nepal Border, Lucknow, Ayodhya & Around, Prayagraj (Allahabad), Western Uttar Pra-desh.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.