*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
India - Telangana & Andhra Pradesh (PDF Chapter)
This is the Telangana & Andhra Pradesh chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Hyderabad, one of Islamic India’s greatest cities, is reason enough on its own to visit this region. Its skyline is a sight to behold, defined by the great domes and minarets of ancient mosques, mausoleums and palaces of once-mighty dynasties.
- explore Hyderabad’s Old City and its unique markets, architectural marvels and restaurants
- absorb the meditative ambience at beautiful Sankaram, as well as Bavikonda, Thotlakonda and Guntupalli, all destinations on a 2300-year-old monastic trail
- revel in the genius of Kakatiya sculptors at the temple near the village of Palampet
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hyderabad, Bhongir, Warangal, Palampet, Vijayawada, Nagarjunakonda, Visakhapatnam, Tirumala & Tirupati.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.