India - Telangana & Andhra Pradesh (PDF Chapter)
This is the Telangana & Andhra Pradesh chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Hyderabad, one of Islamic India’s greatest cities, is reason enough on its own to visit this re-gion. Its skyline is a sight to behold, defined by the great domes and minarets of ancient mosques, mausoleums and palaces of once-mighty dynasties.
- explore Hyderabad’s Old City and its unique markets, architectural marvels and hidden shrines
- absorb the meditative ambience at beautiful Sankaram, as well as Bavikonda, Thotlakonda and Guntupalli, all destinations on the 2300-year-old monastic trail
- revel in the genius of Kakatiya sculptors at the temple near Palampet
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Telangana, Hyderabad, Bhongir, Warangal, Palampet, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada, Amaravathi, Nagarjunakonda, Visakhapatnam & Around, Tirumala & Tirupati.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation