*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
India - Tamil Nadu & Chennai (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tamil Nadu & Chennai chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Tamil Nadu is the homeland of one of humanity’s living classical civilisations, stretching back uninterrupted for two millennia and very much alive today in the Tamils’ language, dance, poetry and Hindu religion.
- soak up the unique Franco-Indian flair, boho boutiques and lively yoga scene in Puducherry
- escape to the cool, mist-cloaked mountains and heritage hotels at Kodaikanal or Ooty
- admire the Chola temple architecture of Brihadishwara Temple in Thanjavur
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chennai (Madras), Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram), Kanchipuram, Vellore, Tiruvannamalai, Gingee (Senji), Puducherry (Pondicherry), Auroville, Chidambaram, Kumbakonam, Thanjavur (Tanjore), Trichy (Tiruchirappalli), Chettinadu, Madurai, Rameswaram, Kanyakumari (Cape Comorin), Kodaikanal (Kodai), Coimbatore, Coonoor, Kotagiri, Ooty (Udhagamandalam), Mudumalai Tiger Reserve.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.