*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
India - Sikkim (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sikkim chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Hassle-free and warm-hearted, Sikkim all too easy to fall in love with. Clean, green and ‘all organic’ since 2016, it’s mostly a maze of plunging valleys thick with subtropical woodlands and rhododendron groves, rising in the north to the white-top peaks of the eastern Himalaya.
- plan short hikes or Himalayan treks from the cosy, historic village of Yuksom
- drive through a kaleidoscope of sceneries to and through the picture-perfect Yumthang Valley
- gaze at Ravangla’s giant, serene Buddha statue, backed by white-topped peaks and serenaded with piped mantras, at Buddha Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Gangtok, Rumtek, Tsomgo (Changu) Lake, Gangtok to Mangan, Far North Sikkim, Namchi, Ravangla (Rabongla), Temi Tea Garden, Pelling, Khecheopalri Lake, Yuksom, Dzongri & Goecha La – The Khangchendzonga Trek, Tashiding, Kuluk & Rinchenpong.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.