*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
India - Sikkim (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sikkim chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Hassle-free and warm-hearted, Sikkim all too easy to fall in love with. Clean, green and ‘all organic’ since 2016, it’s mostly a maze of plunging valleys thick with subtropical woodlands and rhododendron groves, rising in the north to the white-top peaks of the eastern Himalaya.
- plan short hikes or Himalayan treks from the cosy, historic village of Yuksom
- drive through a kaleidoscope of sceneries to and through the picture-perfect Yumthang Valley
- gaze at Ravangla’s giant, serene Buddha statue, backed by white-topped peaks and serenaded with piped mantras, at Buddha Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Gangtok, Rumtek, Tsomgo (Changu) Lake, Gangtok to Mangan, Far North Sikkim, Namchi, Ravangla (Rabongla), Temi Tea Garden, Pelling, Khecheopalri Lake, Yuksom, Dzongri & Goecha La – The Khangchendzonga Trek, Tashiding, Kuluk & Rinchenpong.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.