India - Sikkim (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sikkim chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Hassle-free and warm-hearted, Sikkim is a state that’s all too easy to fall in love with. It is a maze of steep valleys thick with lush subtropical woodlands and rhododendron groves, rising in the north to the spectacular white-top peaks of the eastern Himalaya.
- plan hikes or Himalayan treks from historic Yuksom
- drive through a kaleidoscope of scenery to picture-perfect Yumthang
- gaze at Ravangla’s giant, serene Buddha statue, backed by white-topped peaks
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: East Sikkim, Gangtok, Rumtek, North Sikkim, Mangan, Dzongu, Far North Sikkim, South Sikkim, Namchi, Ravangla (Rabongla), West Sikkim, Pelling, Khecheopalri (Kechuperi) Lake, Yuksom, Dzongri & Goecha La – the Khangchendzonga Trek, Tashiding, Kuluk & Rinchenpong.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation