India - Punjab & Haryana (PDF Chapter)
This is the Punjab & Haryana chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Studded with gleaming gurdwaras (Sikh temples), Punjab has become a popular stop on the traveller circuit. Haryana, on the other hand, is more of a touristic mystery. The hinterland around the two states is dotted with fascinating, rarely visited historical towns.
- feel the spiritual energy of absolute belief at the Golden Temple, Sikhism’s holiest site
- size up Patiala’s impossibly charming 18th-century Qila Mubarak
- watch the theatrical battle for supremacy between histrionic Indian and Pakistani border guards during the border-closing ceremony at Attari-Wagah Border Checkpost
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chandigarh, Pinjore Gardens, Morni Hills, Anandpur Sahib, Amritsar, Patiala, Sirhind, Pathankot, Bathinda, Faridkot, Kapurthala, Kurukshetra (Thanesar), Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary, Surajkund.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.