India - Punjab & Haryana (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Punjab & Haryana chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
The glittering highlight of this understated region is Amritsar’s unmissable Golden Temple. Punjab is studded with gleaming gurdwaras, but it’s the Golden Temple that everyone comes to see. Visiting it is a spiritual experience that will stay with you long after you leave.
- feel the spiritual energy at Sikhism’s holiest site, the Golden Temple in Amristar
- dive into the old town of Patiala before sizing up its charming 18th-century fort, Qila Mu-barak
- climb the towering walls of Govindgarh, Punjab’s oldest and most magnificent fort, and look out from its ramparts across little-known Bathinda
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chandigarh & Around, Morni Hills, Pinjore (Yadavin-dra) Gardens, Punjab (India), Amritsar & Around, Kapurthala, Faridkot, Bathinda, Patiala, Anandpur Sahib, Haryana, Kurukshetra (Thanesar), Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.