India - Odisha (PDF Chapter)
This is the Odisha chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
A favourite destination for adventurous travellers, Odisha (Orissa) rewards those who make the effort to stray off the beaten track with an intricate patchwork of archaeological wonders, fas-cinating tribal culture, and natural beauty, along with an old-fashioned sprinkling of sun and sand.
- marvel at the artistic magnificence of the Sun Temple, Konark’s 800-year-old edifice
- venture deep into the hills of Odisha’s tribal country, for Koraput’s markets and villages
- cruise past enormous estuarine crocodiles in mangrove swamps in Bhitarkanika Wildlife Sanctuary
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bhubaneswar & Around, Southeastern Odisha, Puri, Konark, Chilika Lake, Gopalpur-on-Sea, Southwestern Odisha, Koraput & Around, Rayagada, Jeypore, Northern & Northeastern Odisha, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Mangarajpur, Pusphagiri Ruins, Bhitarkanika Wildlife Sanctuary.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.