India - Northeast States (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northeast States chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Sometimes the Seven Sisters of the Northeast hardly seem like India at all. Cloudy Himalayan valleys near the border of Tibet are dotted with colourful monasteries, echoing with Buddhist chants and clashing cymbals.
- roam the expansive grasslands of Kaziranga National Park in search of rhinos
- touch the clouds at the 4176m Se La pass before descending to the Tibetan Buddhist realm of Tawang
- hike down 2600 steps to the amazing root bridges of Nongriat near Cherrapunjee
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Assam, Guwahati & Around, Manas National Park, Tezpur, Nameri National Park, Kaziranga National Park, Jorhat, Majuli Island, Sivasagar, Dibru-garh, Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar, Nagaland, Dimapur, Kohima & Around, Northern Nagaland, Manipur, Imphal, Loktak Lake, Mizoram, Aizawl, Rural Mizoram, Tripura, Agartala, Neermahal & Melaghar, Udaipur, Unakoti, Meghalaya, Shillong, Cherrapunjee (Sohra).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.