*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
India - Mumbai (Bombay) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mumbai (Bombay) chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
If Mumbai is your introduction to India, prepare yourself: its furious energy, limited public transport and pollution make it challenging. The heart of the city contains some of the grandest colonial-era architecture on the planet but explore a little and you’ll uncover bazaars, hidden temples and hipster enclaves.
- marvel at Mumbai’s colonial-era architecture, including the monumental Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
- investigate the labyrinthine lanes and stalls in the ancient bazaar district
- dine like a maharaja at one of India’s best restaurants, such as Peshawri
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.