India - Mumbai (Bombay) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mumbai (Bombay) chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
If Mumbai is your introduction to India, prepare yourself: its furious energy, limited public transport and pollution make it challenging. The heart of the city contains some of the grandest colonial-era architecture on the planet but explore a little and you’ll uncover bazaars, hidden temples and hipster enclaves.
- marvel at Mumbai’s colonial-era architecture, including the monumental Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
- investigate the labyrinthine lanes and stalls in the ancient bazaar district
- dine like a maharaja at one of India’s best restaurants, such as Peshawri
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.