*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
India - Maharashtra (PDF Chapter)
This is the Maharashtra chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Maharashtra showcases many of India’s iconic attractions. There are palm-fringed beaches; lofty, cool-green mountains; Unesco World Heritage Sites; and bustling cosmopolitan cities. In the far east of the state are some of the nation’s most impressive national parks, including Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve.
- be amazed by the beauty of the Kailasa Temple in the Ellora temple complex
- wander through ancient cave galleries and admire Buddhist art in Ajanta
- search for big cats inside the Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nasik, Aurangabad, Ellora, Ajanta, Jalgaon, Nagpur, Konkan Coast, Matheran, Lonavla, Karla & Bhaja Caves, Pune, Kolhapur.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.