*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
India - Maharashtra (PDF Chapter)
This is the Maharashtra chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Maharashtra showcases many of India’s iconic attractions. There are palm-fringed beaches; lofty, cool-green mountains; Unesco World Heritage Sites; and bustling cosmopolitan cities. In the far east of the state are some of the nation’s most impressive national parks, including Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve.
- be amazed by the beauty of the Kailasa Temple in the Ellora temple complex
- wander through ancient cave galleries and admire Buddhist art in Ajanta
- search for big cats inside the Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nasik, Aurangabad, Ellora, Ajanta, Jalgaon, Nagpur, Konkan Coast, Matheran, Lonavla, Karla & Bhaja Caves, Pune, Kolhapur.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.