India - Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh (PDF Chapter)
This is the Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
The spotlight doesn’t hit Madhya Pradesh (MP) with quite the same brilliance as it shines on more celebrated neighbouring states, so you can experience travel riches ranking with the best without that feeling of just following a tourist trail.
- track apex predators at Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
- blush at the carvings on the Chandela dynasty’s exquisite temples at Khajuraho
- bed down in a village homestay at beautiful, laid-back Orchha
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northern Madhya Pradesh, Gwalior, Orchha, Khaju-raho, Panna Tiger Reserve, Central Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal, Sanchi, Pachmarhi, Western Madhya Pradesh, Indore, Ujjain, Mandu, Maheshwar, Omkareshwar, Eastern Madhya Pradesh, Jabalpur, Kanha Tiger Reserve, Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, Pench Tiger Reserve, Chhattis-garh, Raipur, Jagdalpur & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation