*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
India - Kolkata (Calcutta) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kolkata (Calcutta) chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
India’s second-biggest city is a daily festival of human existence, simultaneously noble and squalid, cultured and desperate, futuristic while splendid in decay. Locally, Kolkata is regarded as India’s intellectual, artistic and cultural capital.
- watch clay goddesses come to life in the atmospheric neighbourhood of Kumartuli
- visit colourful stalls selling tropical blossoms at the Mullik Ghat Flower Market
- ponder the architectural brilliance of the British Raj’s tribute to Queen Victoria at the Victoria Memorial
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.