India - Kolkata (Calcutta) (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Kolkata (Calcutta) chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
India’s second-biggest city is a daily festival of human existence, simultaneously noble and squalid, cultured and desperate, futuristic while splendid in decay. Locally, Kolkata is regarded as India’s intellectual, artistic and cultural capital.
- watch clay goddesses come to life in the atmospheric neighbourhood of Kumartuli
- visit colourful stalls selling tropical blossoms at the Mullik Ghat Flower Market
- ponder the architectural brilliance of the British Raj’s tribute to Queen Victoria at the Victoria Memorial
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.