*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
India - Kerala (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kerala chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
For many travellers, Kerala is South India’s most serenely beautiful state. A slender coastal strip is shaped by its layered landscape: almost 600km of glorious Arabian Sea coast and beaches; a network of glistening backwaters; and the spice- and tea-covered hills of the Western Ghats.
- cruise the backwaters in a houseboat or punted canoe from Alappuzha, Kollam or Kumarakom
- spot wild elephants, trek and relax in remote forest accommodation in Wayanad
- watch the days slip-slide away at the clifftop beach resort of Varkala
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), Kovalam, Varkala, Kollam (Quilon), Alappuzha (Alleppey), Kottayam, Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Munnar, Kochi (Cochin), Thrissur (Trichur), Northern Kerala, Kozhikode (Calicut), Wayanad Region, Kannur & Around, Bekal & Around, Lakshadweep.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.