India - Kerala (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kerala chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
For many travellers, Kerala is South India’s most serenely beautiful state. It is defined by its landscape: almost 600km of glorious Arabian Sea coast and beaches; a languid network of glis-tening backwaters; and the spice- and tea-covered hills of the Western Ghats.
- cruise the backwaters from Alappuzha (Alleppey), Kollam (Quilon) or Kumarakom
- spot wild elephants and walk the spice-carpeted hills of Wayanad
- unravel Kochi’s history at Fort Cochin, or laze in its art-filled cafes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Southern Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) & Around, Kovalam, Varkala, Kollam (Quilon) & Around, Alappuzha (Alleppey), Marari & Kattoor, Kottayam, Kumarakom, Kerala’s Western Ghats, Periyar Tiger Reserve, Munnar & Around, Cen-tral Kerala, Kochi (Cochin) & Around, Thrissur (Trichur) & Around, Northern Kerala, Kozhikode (Calicut), Wayanad Region, Kannur & Around, Bekal & Around, Lakshadweep.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.