India - Karnataka & Bengaluru (PDF Chapter)
This is the Karnataka & Bengaluru chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Karnataka is a prosperous, compelling state loaded with a winning blend of urban cool, palaces, national parks, ancient ruins, beaches, yoga centres and legendary hang-outs. At its nerve centre is the capital Bengaluru (Bangalore), a progressive city famous for its craft beer and restaurant scene.
- soak up the surreal landscapes, sociable travellers’ scene and epic ruins in magical, evocative Hampi
- search for the perfect cove beach in the low-key coastal hideaway of Gokarna, then tour its atmospheric temples
- sample craft beers, dine out in style and enjoy the museums and sights of cosmopolitan Bengaluru
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bengaluru (Bangalore), Mysuru (Mysore), Bandipur National Park, Nagarhole National Park, Kodagu (Coorg) Region, Hassan, Belur (Beluru), Halebid, Sravanabelagola, Karnataka Coast, Mangaluru (Mangalore), Dharmasthala, Udupi, Malpe, Jog Falls, Gokarna, Hampi, Hosapete (Hospet), Hubballi (Hubli), Badami, Vijapura (Bijapur), Bidar.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.