India - Karnataka (PDF Chapter)
This is the Karnataka chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
A stunning introduction to southern India, Karnataka is a prosperous, compelling state loaded with a winning blend of urban cool, glittering palaces, national parks, ancient ruins, beaches, yoga centres and legendary travellers’ hang-outs.
- soak up the surreal landscapes, sociable travellers’ scene and epic ruins of magical Ham-pi
- tour civilised Mysuru’s remarkable palace, then explore its famous bazaar district
- search for the perfect beach cove in low-key Gokarna, then tour its atmospheric tem-ples
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bengaluru (Bangalore), Southern Karnataka, He-saraghatta, Mysuru (Mysore) & Around, Bandipur National Park, Nagarhole National Park, Ko-dagu (Coorg) Region, Hassan, Belur, Halebid, Sravanabelagola, Karnataka Coast, Mangaluru (Mangalore), Dharmasthala, Udupi, Malpe, Gokarna, Central Karnataka, Hampi, Anegundi, Hosapete (Hospet), Hubballi (Hubli), Northern Karnataka, Badami & Around, Vijapura (Bijapur), Bidar.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.