India - Jammu & Kashmir (Including Ladakh) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Jammu & Kashmir (including Ladakh) chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Hindu Jammu and Katra are a major draw for domestic pilgrims. Muslim Kashmir attracts local tourists seeking cool summer air, while the Himalayan land of Ladakh is J&K’s greatest attraction for foreigners.
- murmur meditative mantras in mural-decked Tibetan Buddhist monasteries such as Chemrey or Thiksey in the Indus Valley
- experience the stark magnificence of Ladakh with a hassle-free (and traffic-free) homestay trek in the Markha Valley
- enjoy an amusingly caricatured Raj-type experience relaxing on a deluxe Dal Lake houseboat in Srinagar
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ladakh, Leh, Markha Valley & Rumbak, Nubra Valley, Pangong Tso, Tso Moriri Loop, Kargil, Suru Valley, Zanskar, The Kashmir Valley, Srinagar, Pahalgam & Aru, Gulmarg, Naranag & Lake Gangabal, Sonamarg, Jammu.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.