*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
India - Jammu & Kashmir (Including Ladakh) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Jammu & Kashmir (including Ladakh) chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Hindu Jammu and Katra are a major draw for domestic pilgrims. Muslim Kashmir attracts local tourists seeking cool summer air, while the Himalayan land of Ladakh is J&K’s greatest attraction for foreigners.
- murmur meditative mantras in mural-decked Tibetan Buddhist monasteries such as Chemrey or Thiksey in the Indus Valley
- experience the stark magnificence of Ladakh with a hassle-free (and traffic-free) homestay trek in the Markha Valley
- enjoy an amusingly caricatured Raj-type experience relaxing on a deluxe Dal Lake houseboat in Srinagar
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ladakh, Leh, Markha Valley & Rumbak, Nubra Valley, Pangong Tso, Tso Moriri Loop, Kargil, Suru Valley, Zanskar, The Kashmir Valley, Srinagar, Pahalgam & Aru, Gulmarg, Naranag & Lake Gangabal, Sonamarg, Jammu.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.