India - Himachal Pradesh (PDF Chapter)
This is the Himachal Pradesh chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
With spectacular snowy peaks and plunging river valleys, beautiful Himachal is India’s outdoor adventure playground. From trekking and climbing to rafting, paragliding and skiing, if it can be done in the mountains, it can be done here.
- dare the hair-raising passes, gorges and cliff-ledge roads of the Kinnaur-Spiti loop, one of Asia’s great road-trips
- choose from dozens of spectacular mountain crossings to trek – easy, demanding, or moderate such as the Indrahar La
- immerse yourself in Tibetan culture or yoga, volunteer with refugees or just chill out in the mountains in Mcleod Ganj
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Shimla, Naldehra & Around, Kinnaur, Rampur, Sarahan, Sangla Valley, Rekong Peo, Kalpa, Rekong Peo to Sumdo, Mandi, Rewalsar Lake, Tirthan & Banjar Valleys, Bhuntar, Parvati Valley, Kullu, Naggar, Manali, Dharamsala to Mandi, Chamba Valley, Lahaul & Spiti, Lahaul, Spiti.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.