India - Himachal Pradesh (PDF Chapter)
This is the Himachal Pradesh chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
With spectacular snowy peaks and plunging river valleys, beautiful Himachal is India’s out-door adventure playground. From trekking and climbing to rafting, paragliding and skiing, if it can be done in the mountains, it can be done here.
- dare the hair-raising passes, gorges and cliff-ledge roads of the Kinnaur-Spiti loop, one of Asia’s great road trips
- choose from dozens of spectacular mountain treks – easy, demanding, or moderate such as the Hamta Pass
- immerse yourself in Tibetan culture or yoga, volunteer with refugees or just chill out in the mountains in McLeod Ganj
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Southern Himachal Pradesh, Shimla, Kinnaur, Ram-pur, Sarahan, Sangla Valley, Rekong Peo, Kalpa, Rekong Peo to Tabo, Central Himachal Pra-desh, Mandi, Rewalsar, Tirthan & Banjar Valleys, Bhuntar, Parvati Valley, Kullu, Naggar, Manali & Around, Western Himachal Pradesh, Dharamsala, McLeod Ganj & Around, Dharamsala to Mandi, Chamba Valley, Lahaul & Spiti, Lahaul, Spiti.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.