India - Gujarat & Diu (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gujarat & Diu chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Unfairly overlooked by many travellers scurrying between Mumbai and Rajasthan, Gujarat is an easy, and highly rewarding, sidestep off the tourist trail. While Ahmedabad draws you in with its culture and remarkable architecture, the countryside holds most of the state’s many treas-ures.
- explore tribal villages to admire and acquire some of India’s best textiles in Kachchh
- take a forest safari in search of Asia’s only wild lions in Gir National Park & Wildlife Sanc-tuary
- tackle a thali, explore the old-city mosques, and pay homage to Mahatma Gandhi in Ah-medabad
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Eastern Gujarat, Ahmedabad (Amdavad) & Around, Vadodara (Baroda) & Around, Saurashtra, Bhavnagar, Velavadar Blackbuck National Park, Palitana, Diu, Somnath, Gir National Park & Wildlife Sanctuary, Junagadh, Gondal, Jamnagar & Around, Rajkot, Kachchh (Kutch), Bhuj & Around, Little Rann of Kachchh (Kutch).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation