India - Gujarat (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gujarat chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Unfairly overlooked by many travellers scurrying between Mumbai (Bombay) and Rajasthan, Gujarat is an easy side-step off the well-beaten tourist trail. While the capital, Ahmedabad, can draw you in with its remarkable architecture and excellent dining scene, the countryside holds most of this state’s many treasures.
- explore tribal villages in Kachchh to admire and acquire some of India’s best textiles
- take a forest safari in search of Asia’s only wild lions at Gir National Park & Wildlife Sanctuary
- tackle a thali, explore the old-city mosques and pay homage to Mahatma Gandhi in Ahmedabad
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ahmedabad (Amdavad), Vadodara (Baroda), Saurashtra, Bhavnagar, Blackbuck National Park, Palitana, Diu, Somnath, Gir National Park & Wildlife Sanctuary, Junagadh, Gondal, Jamnagar, Kachchh (Kutch), Bhuj, Mandvi, Little Rann of Kachchh.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.