India - Goa (PDF Chapter)
This is the Goa chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Pint-sized Goa is much more than beaches and trance parties. A kaleidoscopic blend of Indian and Portuguese cultures, sweetened with sun, sea, sand, seafood and spirituality, there’s nowhere in India quite like it.
- explore the historic Latin Quarter, shop and eat well in Panaji, India’s most laid-back state capital
- drop in to a yoga class at Assagao, Anjuna, Arambol or Mandrem
- haggle for a bargain at the touristy but fun Anjuna Flea Market
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Panaji (Panjim), Old Goa, Mapusa, Candolim, Calangute & Baga, Anjuna, Assagao, Vagator & Chapora, Morjim, Aswem, Mandrem, Arambol (Harmal), South Goa, Margao, Chandor, Colva, Benaulim, Agonda, Palolem, Patnem.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.