India - Goa (PDF Chapter)
This is the Goa chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Pint-sized Goa is much more than beaches and trance parties. A kaleidoscopic blend of In-dian and Portuguese cultures, sweetened with sun, sea, sand, seafood and spirituality, there’s nowhere in India quite like it.
- explore Panaji’s historic Latin Quarter, and shop and eat well in India’s most laid-back state capital
- drop in to a yoga or cooking class at Assagao, Anjuna, Arambol or Mandrem
- haggle for a bargain at touristy but fun Anjuna Flea Market
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Panaji & Central Goa, Panaji, Old Goa, North Goa, Mapusa, Candolim, Calangute & Baga, Anjuna, Assagao, Vagator & Chapora, Morjim, Asvem, Mandrem, Arambol (Harmal), South Goa, Margao, Colva, Benaulim, Agonda, Palolem, Pat-nem.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.