*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
India - Delhi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Delhi chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Delhi is a city where time travel is feasible. Step aboard your time machine (the metro) and go from Old Delhi, where labourers haul sacks of spices, to modern New Delhi, with its colonial-era parliament buildings. Then on to the future: Gurgaon, a city of skyscraping offices and malls.
- explore the Red Fort, a Mughal masterpiece, and imagine its former traumas and splendours
- enjoy the architectural virtuosity and mirror-image gardens of Humayun’s Tomb, Delhi’s most spectacular resting place
- experience the serenity of the Jama Masjid, with its wide open courtyard
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Courses, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Greater Delhi, Gurgaon (Gurugram).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.