India - Delhi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Delhi chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Delhi bursts with life like few other places on Earth, and is forced by the sheer weight of hu-manity to dance to its own unique, unpredictable rhythm. Learn to skip to its beat, though, and you’ll soon find its charms become irresistible.
- explore the Mughal masterpiece of the Red Fort, imagining its former traumas and splen-dours
- visit the Qutab Minar Complex – Delhi’s first Islamic city – at sunrise, and gasp at its majes-tic centrepiece tower, the world’s tallest brick minaret
- lose yourself in the street-market mayhem of Old Delhi’s lost-in-time alleyways around Chandni Chowk
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities & Courses, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.