India - Delhi (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Delhi chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Delhi bursts with life like few other places on Earth, and is forced by the sheer weight of hu-manity to dance to its own unique, unpredictable rhythm. Learn to skip to its beat, though, and you’ll soon find its charms become irresistible.
- explore the Mughal masterpiece of the Red Fort, imagining its former traumas and splen-dours
- visit the Qutab Minar Complex – Delhi’s first Islamic city – at sunrise, and gasp at its majes-tic centrepiece tower, the world’s tallest brick minaret
- lose yourself in the street-market mayhem of Old Delhi’s lost-in-time alleyways around Chandni Chowk
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities & Courses, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.