Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
India - Bihar & Jharkhand (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Bihar & Jharkhand chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
Remote and rural, Bihar is the birthplace of Buddhism. Thousands of pilgrims from around the world throng its many places of religious significance, most extraordinary of which is Bodhgaya, the site of Buddha’s enlightenment.
- witness Buddhists from around the world praying, prostrating and meditating at Bodhgaya, the powerfully serene site of Buddha’s enlightenment
- get up at 4am for the surreal day-long Jain pilgrimage to the top of Parasnath Hill, Jharkhand’s tallest peak
- visit the peaceful ruins of Nalanda, a once-huge ancient university
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bihar, Patna, Vaishali, Kesariya, Motihari, Raxaul, Gaya, Bodhgaya, Rajgir, Nalanda, Ranchi, Betla (Palamau) National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.