India - Andaman Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Andaman Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guidebook.
With shimmering turquoise waters fringed by primeval jungle, fantastic diving, and sug-ar-white, sun-toasted beaches melting under flame-and-purple sunsets, the far-flung Andaman Islands are the perfect Indian escape. With splendid beaches and diving, Havelock (Swaraj) is by far the most popular.
- dive, snorkel, sun-soak, socialise, and feast on fresh seafood on dreamy, jungle-cloaked Havelock Island
- ease into a blissfully mellow pace of life and cycle between beaches and rice paddies on Neil Island
- experience the wilds of North Andaman in Kalipur and see nesting turtles while is-land-hopping to pristine sands and coral reefs
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Port Blair & Around, Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep), Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep), Middle & North Andaman, Little Andaman.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation