India - Agra & the Taj Mahal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Agra & the Taj Mahal chapter from Lonely Planet’s India guide-book.
The Taj Mahal rises from Agra’s haze as though from a dream. When you first glimpse it through the arched entryway, you might find yourself breathless with awe. Many hail it as the most beautiful building on the planet.
- bask in the beauty of one of the most famous buildings in the world, the Taj Mahal – a must-see!
- roam Fatehpur Sikri, a sprawling palace complex from Mughal times, with an immense and fascinating 450-year-old mosque next door
- wander the many rooms of Agra Fort, one of India’s most impressive ancient forts
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Agra & Around, Fatehpur Sikri.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.